Friday, September 30, 2016

Veggies and Dip With a Kick

The veggie platter is my favorite part of any appetizer spread. I love raw veggies, and I love dip! When I was strictly vegetarian, one of the things I missed the most was buffalo wings. Really though, it wasn't the chicken I was craving, it was the kick of the buffalo sauce! This dip is the best of both worlds, and like all of Country Gourmet Home's mixes, it's super easy to make.
All you need is 2 cups of sour cream. Have you ever looked at the ingredients in sour cream? Some brands have a ton of fillers and additives that take away from the real flavor. My favorite brand?
Shoprite (of course) 
You may not live near a Shoprite, but before you buy sour cream, look at the ingredients. It should say milk, cream, and enzymes, and that's it!

Anyway, measure out 2 cups of sour cream.

Pour in the mix and combine.

Arrange on a platter with fresh, chopped veggies. Make it pretty!
If you want to make a meal out of veggies and dip, add some cheese and crackers to your platter, and pair with a Riesling to balance the heat of the dip. 

Interested to see what else Country Gourmet Home has to offer? Visit the website and get ready for the re-launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment