Friday, September 23, 2016

Pancakes For Lunch

I suck at making pancakes. I've tried many recipes from scratch, I've made absolutely positively sure I follow the directions to the letter, and I end up with flat, gooey, heaps of semi fried batter, and a whole lot of broken dreams. Now I know pancakes are supposed to be flat, but mine actually occupy negative space, if that's possible.

Enter Country Gourmet Home's Buttermilk Pancake Mix. I seriously go through withdrawal when I run out. I felt like pancakes for lunch the other day, so I whipped up a batch for me and my toddler, and my pancake dreams remained intact!
It's so simple, it's almost criminal!

Step 1: Measure out 1 cup of mix, and mix with 1/2 cup of water. (instructions for larger batches are on the back of the package)

Heat and grease a skillet (I like Shop Rite's Olive Oil spray). When it is hot, pour the batter using a 1/4 cup measure into the skillet. Be sure to wait until it's hot! I set my stove top to the hottest setting. When the pan is nice and hot, then I reduce it to medium.
When the pancakes start to bubble, flip, and cook for another minute or two on the other side.

Super simple and makes the perfect lunch....or breakfast.....or dinner for that matter.

If you love pancakes as much as I do, you'll want to head over to Country Gourmet Home, click "shop online" and scroll down to "pancake mixes". Besides buttermilk, they have a huge variety of flavors, from the traditional faves like blueberry and chocolate chip, to unique flavors like lemon lavender blueberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment