Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Eat Your Veggies

There are two things I love. Actually there are a lot of things I love, but today I'm going to write about 2 of them. My slow cooker, and vegetables. I love digging into a steamy plate of vegetables, and I love having dinner ready at 6 without having to rush around in the evening to get it done. Country Gourmet Home's Farmer's Market Medley is an awesome slow cooker mix that seasons your veggies while they cook, and makes your house smell amazing all day. I throw this one in the slow cooker while my little one is napping, and 4 to 6 hours later it's ready when we are!
Now you would think since I live in the country, I must have an expansive garden full of fresh vegetables to choose from when I make this meal, and you're right! My Mr. put a lot of time and effort into planting us a garden this year. Unfortunately the friend in the picture below took care of most of what was left in the garden before I could get to it.
We did manage to get a few green peppers before he had his feast, so I used those along with 2 bags of frozen veggies I had on hand.

Step 1: Wash, chop and prepare your veggies, toss in a bowl with a bit of olive oil, and the contents of the small seasoning packet.


Step 2: Put half the veggies in your slow cooker, top with half a can of diced tomatoes, and half of the bread crumbs from the mix.

Now repeat those layers one more time. Don't stir!

Step 3: Cover your slow cooker, set to low, and cook for 4 to 6 hours. I did 6 this time, and the veggies came out very tender. Next time I'd probably do closer to 4 to keep a little crispness.

Step 4: Open your slow cooker and inhale the aroma!
I served this over rice, with a little Bragg's Liquid Aminos drizzled on top. It's a like soy sauce, but minus the excessive sodium!

And that's it! A tasty, hearty, healthy, and easy meal. Visit Country Gourmet Home, click "shop online" and scroll down to slow cooker mixes to get yours before farmer's market season is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment