Monday, September 26, 2016

It's Soup Weather!

I love summer. The beach, not having to put on a billion layers before going outside, the long days, not freezing my tush off when I get out of the shower, all aces in my book. There are a few things I like about cooler weather, and soup is one of them. I love soup, but just don't like having it when it's hot outside.

It's finally not a million degrees here in NJ, so I broke out a packet of my favorite Country Gourmet Home soup mix for dinner the other night.
Wild rice in anything is good, and this soup is seriously easy to cook and get on the table before your toddler can start hollering that he's hungry! Well....almost.

Step 1: Combine soup mix and 4 and a half cups of water in a pot, and bring to a boil.
Step 2: Cover and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, assure the toddler lurking in the background that dinner will be ready soon.
Step 3: Serve! That's it! You're eating already! This soup goes great with a hunk of crusty Italian bread, and a glass of Pinot Noir. Then again, just about anything goes well with bread and wine.
Be sure to put this on you CGH wish list! They will be up and running and ready to take orders very soon! In the meantime, check out the website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment