Saturday, October 15, 2016

More Cheese Please!

Remember eating string cheese as a kid? I do! It was in my school lunch, my camp lunch, just about any lunch. I loved the heck out of it. Come to think of it I feel that way about pretty much any cheese.

You don't have to be a kid to enjoy Armenian string cheese! Seeing as I'm Greek, you may be wondering how I came across this version of string cheese. My uncle is Armenian, and this was on the table during appetizers at pretty much every family holiday I can remember.

It's made like mozzarella, except nigella seeds are added (they add a mild nutty flavor), and the cheese is braided.
To serve it, simply shred it up and put it in a bowl.
It goes great with other finger foods like olives, pepperoni, and veggies and dip. Or put it on a cheese board with other international cheeses. And it's unique! When you tell your guests it's Armenian string cheese they are sure to look at you in awe for you exotic tastes. Unless of course they've been to one of my uncle's holiday meals, in which case you have a lot to live up to.

Most supermarkets stock it in their international cheese section by the deli. If yours doesn't have it, get a new supermarket! Just kidding, ask a manager. Once they start stocking it it'll fly off the shelf faster then they can reorder!


No comments:

Post a Comment